Friday, April 23, 2010

Aloha!

Posted by Jenny

Aloha! I’m tickled hibiscus pink about the sweet gift my pilikua gave me for my la hanau!


I saw this ukulele in a pawn shop while buying a metal detector for my dad’s birthday and was smitten with the mother-of-pearl inlay (just like Emmett and the guitar in Emmett Otter’s Jug Band Christmas.) In polite persistence I frequently reminded David (for four months) of what a pretty ukulele it is, not like a cheap toy but a real instrument- complete with, yes, of course, mother-of-pearl inlay. : )

He surprised me a day or two early by saying, “You know how I keep one guitar in this room and the other guitar in that room? Well, I put them in the same room and they had a baby!” And out he pulls my darling little ukulele. He sure knows how to make me smile.

Now I just need to learn Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole style.

No comments:

Post a Comment