Tuesday, December 7, 2010

III Century Singers Christmas Concert

Posted by Jenny

We had the good fortune of attending the III Century Singers concert again this year, this time at the First Baptist Church in Mt. Olive. The pieces were beautiful and for the first half of the performance, the group was accompanied by a string quartet. The harmonious voices of the singers combined with the acoustics of the church sanctuary created a phenomenal sound. It was such a full and round sound, that when I tried to put into words what I was hearing, all I could come up with was the mental image of a giant golden sphere hovering in the air above me, shining brightly. You could say what I envisioned was much like Harry Potter’s golden snitch, without the wings and not remotely so frantic.


No comments:

Post a Comment