Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Malpass Brothers live at R.A. Fountain

Posted by Jenny
We had the delight of experiencing the
Malpass Brothers live at R. A. Fountain. Things almost got out of hand when the brothers sang “If you’ve got the money, honey, I’ve got the time.” An older woman from the audience ran up to them waving dollar bills and stuffing them into their beautifully embroidered western shirts. Needless to say, it was a fun and eventful evening!



While we were at R.A. Fountain, a book caught our friend Libby’s attention and I got a chuckle out of watching Libby reading a book written about someone named Zibby. I couldn’t resist, so here’s a photo.



On a side note, he probably won’t remember, but Chris Malpass and I were in the same banjo class at our local community college when I was 14 or so and he was 11 or so. On the first day of class I got in trouble; someone from admissions came to class to ask me to leave because I was too young to be enrolled. My mom, feisty as she is, put up a fight; “I paid the money, she isn’t disrupting anything, and there’s a boy over there younger than my daughter.” Apparently the Malpass family had the foresight to register Chris under his father’s name because their situation was more easily overlooked. Exasperated, the woman looked at me and asked how old I was. I don’t like to lie and am sometimes naïve, so I said, “I’m 14.” “No, honey, how old are you? I finally caught her drift and shifted my feet nervously. Sighing, she scribbled something on my admissions form and said as she turned to walk out the door, “If anyone asks, you were born in 1978.”

No comments:

Post a Comment